Larnaca Airport Arrivals
Your Guided Tour Around the New Zenon Terminal at Larnaca International Airport
The new Zenon Terminal at Larnaca International Airport officially opened it's gates on November 10 2009. It can service up to 7.5 million Larnaca airport arrivals per year, compared to 5 million per year at the old Larnaca airport Cyprus.
The all new Larnaca international airport is a breath of fresh air compared to the old one. That would be an understatement to say the least. From the entrance, to the check in desks, to the departures lounge, restaurants, bars and duty free shops. The words contemporary,good feng shui and state of the art spring to mind.
The all new Zenon terminal is open plan with clean and functional lines. You can tell instantly, a lot of thought has gone into the design and construction of this new terminal at Larnaca airport Cyprus. The whole idea being, providing travellers with a sense of place and comfort. Allowing them to to pass their time in a pleasant and friendly environment.
Larnaca Airport Arrivals - What Facilities Are There After Landing at the all new Larnaca International Airport?
Just before approaching the baggage hall in Larnaca airport arrivals, you'll go through passport control. Much more space to move around in and fast moving compared to the old one.
On arriving in the Larnaca arrival baggage hall, you will find:
- 5 Baggage Carousels
- Duty Free Shops x 2
- 1 ATM
- Baggage Claim Area
- Baggage Information
- Cyprus Tourist Organisation
- Toilets x 2
After walking through customs, you'll reach the Larnaca airport arrivals hall. This is where you can pick up your car hire. Such as Thames, Avis, Hertz, Astra Car Rental, Sixt and Europcar. Tickets for the Larnaca Airport shuttle to Nicosia and Limassol can be purchased at the desk on the far left corner. You'll also find restaurants, a currency exchange, an information point and lifts/ escalators up to Larnaca airport departures.
The tour coaches and shuttle buses are on your left as you leave, whereas the taxi rank is on your right. There are 100 parking spaces for buses and coaches whilst the old terminal only had 60. And there are 300 taxi spaces compared with 180 at the old Larnaca airport arrivals.
Larnaca Airport Departures
There are currently 2 parking areas for the Public at Larnaca International Airport, the Short Term parking area & the Long Term parking area. The Short Term parking area is located closest to the Terminal Building and is usually the preferred option by vehicle owners who wish to park their vehicle for a short period of time or even a few days. The Long Term Parking Area is available as an option for vehicles which will be spending a longer period of time at the airport. Long Term Parking Rates at Larnaka International Airport are valid after the 5th day. And there's now 1050 public parking spaces, compared to 850 at the old terminal.
Short Term Parking at Larnaca International Airport
Dropping someone off and leaving the car in the Airport car park? The first 20 minutes are free. However, it costs 2 Euros up to 30 minutes and 3.50 Euros if staying for an hour.
Long Term Parking at Larnaca International Airport
There is long term parking located around the airport and this facility operates 24/7. Up to 24 hours parking, the cost is 12.00 euro per day up to the 5th day. From the 6th day onwards the cost per day is 6.00 euro. This is actually way more expensive than it was before, but I guess that's the price you pay for new surroundings and facilities. The actual parking is approximately 200 meters from the main building.
Inside the Larnaca Airport Departures hall
You'll instantly be blown away when you walk through the entrance, like I was. When you think back to the layout of the old terminal, that feeling of frustration washes over you. I remember having to fight your way through holiday makers, to find the actual check in desk. Never mind standing in the never ending queues! That's all changed now with the new open plan area. There are now 67 check-in desks compared to the old 52.
And now, there's actually 8 different points for self service check-in whilst the old terminal had none. Once you check in, make your way to the open plan passport control and security checking area. Once you get past security, it's time to check out the new shopping area. Which is roughly the size of three football pitches! And this includes, cafe's, restaurants and shops.
Departures take place on the second floor, which is at the same level as the outer, central courtyard and car parks. There's just so much more seating in the new departures lounge compared to the old one. And much more comfortable I may add.
The new terminal has 13 cafe-restaurants (including Larnaca Airport Arrivals), so you can relax and unwind before taking off. It's been well thought out as it caters for all tastes. Such as Greek Cafes, Bakeries, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Seafood Dishes and Coffee Shops where you can enjoy a light snack or dessert.
These are a list of the eateries and coffee houses:
- Flo Cafe - Greek cafe chain, serving wide range of coffees, hot beverages and cold 'floshakes', as well as snacks, salads, desserts and ice creams
- Kafenio - Traditional Cypriot coffee shop
- Caffe Ritazza - Coffee shop, a global brand serving coffees and yummy pastries
- Diner on Air - American diner, famous for it's delicious breakfasts and open 24 hours
Food Village - Made up of a number of cafe-restaurants:
- Sbarro - Italian restaurant serving mouth watering pizzas
- Upper Crust - If you don't have the time to sit down to a full meal then grab some freshly prepared baguettes and sandwiches with an assortment of fillings.
- Yum Cha - Yes, an Asian restaurant serving Chinese and Japanese meals
- Kouzina - A restaurant offering International and Greek dishes
- Juice Box - A wide array of the freshest juices can be bought at the counter here
- 24 Hours - A self service restaurant where hot and cold beverages can be consumed. As well as desserts and ice creams
- Grab and Go - Another self service resturant offering snacks and sandwiches
And there's more cafe's and restaurants spread out within the vicinity of the departures area (as well as Larnaca airport arrivals):
- Panopolis - Brand new bakery which specialises in internationally inspired pastries, served in practical packaging
- Camden Food Co. - Fancy the healthy option? Offers salads, yoghurts, sandwiches as well as hot and cold drinks. And it sells exclusive organic products
- Segafredo - Well known Italian Cafe
- Atrium - Varied choice of beers, coffee, hot and cold snacks. Very stylish surroundings
- Finns Seafood Bar - Serves a wide selection of seafood dishes. Cool ambience
- Costa Coffee - Well known for it's wide and tasty range of coffees, such as the Mocha. Also does teas, iced coffees as well as snacks and desserts.
- Burger King - Great fast food, what more can I say
- Flavours - Caters for grab and go food for the passenger in a hurry. Offers mainly hot and cold beverages and snacks
Brand New VIP Lounge
This lounge has just had a major makeover after the opening of this new Zenon terminal. In fact, you wouldn't even recognise it now. If you fancy some VIP indulgance at the new Larnaca Airport Lounge, please visit our Airport Lounge Card page.
Time for Duty Free Shopping
You're spoilt for choice with the wide range of well known shops on offer. All contained in a 6000 square meter shopping area, it's all part of the holiday experience. Again, very open plan with easy access to both sections. The luxury goods such as the watches, cosmetics and perfumes are on one side and the electronic goods, tobacco products, confectionary, toys and alcohol on the other. Remember, there are two duty free outlets in the baggage area at Larnaca airport arrivals as well.
I've had to move this section to one of my other pages, as there's too much too list! Please jump to Duty Free Cyprus for the inside scoop.
It's only the beginning...
The new terminal can service up to 7.5 million larnaca airport arrivals a year, but that figure could very well go up in the near future. The opening of the new Larnaca airport will not end here. Oh no... there are new projects planned for the next seven years. In the short term this includes a shopping mall, a hotel, a petrol station, expansion of the parking area, cargo building and a fuel farm. Longer term plans include the expansion of the terminal building and the movement area as well as plans to develop the old terminal. Exciting times lie ahead for Larnaca Airport.
What Are Your Thoughts on the New Zenon Terminal at Larnaca Airport?
Do you have a great story about this? What's your thoughts on the new layout, shops and restaurants? Is there anything you can add that's not on this page already? And what's your thoughts on the whole flying experience to Cyprus in general?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...